Critical Reflection

This critical reflection will encompass what I have learned and show my growth in this past three months of the module. 

This module was my first class in Singapore Institute of Technology, everything was so foreign to me when I first came in for class. New people, new environment, this led me to being shy to talk to others in the class. But as the weeks started to go by, I got to know each of my classmates. The second week of class was where we did our self-introductions through the blog, from there I got to know others more in depth through what they wrote, which includes their educational background, etc. At the same time, goals for what we want to achieve for ourselves were also set. For me, my goal is to be more confident in my public speaking skills as I will stutter in the past. 

Subsequently throughout the module, there is significant improvement in what I wanted to improve on in the goals I set for myself in week 2, which is the be more confident in my public speaking. During the classes, we were told to stand up and answer any questions that were presented to us or stand up to speak whenever we were told to read sentences on the screen. I strongly believed that this had helped me to slowly build up and form the base for my confidence speaking to a large crowd, this improvement was displayed during my Oral presentation in the later week of the module. 

During the project that we had to do within a team of 4’s, I got to work with people whom I had never spoken to before in class. With Vishanth, Lucas, Haikal and myself, we did a technical report on a first-aid vending machine called “FirstAidAnywhere”. During our time together, we realized that we have a lot of similarities with each other in terms of educational background. This helped bond us together as we suffered through numerous amounts of reports, projects, and quizzes that we had gone through. 

I feel that as a team, we are quite united and have the same frequency on what we wanted to do. When we do our presentation slides, we will come together online and do it together, helping each other with what difficulties that we have.  

I enjoyed this module when we did our technical report together. We had fun and socialized with each other. The takeaway from this module is that I have strong confidence now in my public speaking skills and at the same time, strong report writing skills that will help me in my future in Singapore Institute and Technology as we will be doing a capstone project. Lastly, I am beholden to Professor Brad for creating an environment where we can have fun and learn at the same time, yet parting skills that are valuable to upskill us to become a better version of ourself.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Self Introduction

Initial Research Pathway